Special Advisor - Water
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct research and analysis.
- Develop policies, provide technical advice, develop reports and other written material related to Water and Wastewater in First Nation communities.
- Be a strong advocate in advancing our client’s position in all Water and Wastewater related matters.
- Work on legislation development, regulatory concerns.
- Lead forward planning on long term needs.
- Responsible for all related communications.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience in conducting research, analyzing information and policy
- Experience in Water and Wastewater related matters in First Nations.
- Should have a Post-secondary degree in political, technical or social sciences, civil or municipal engineering, public policy or administration, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Demonstrated experience in writing proposals and reports, leading discussion groups, and synthesizing information into policy positions and documents.
- Experience dealing with Indigenous Services Canada, Infrastructure Canada, Health Canada/First Nations Inuit Health Branch, and/or other related Federal and Provincial departments and their various programs and initiatives related to First Nation water and wastewater issues.
- Extensive experience working in First Nations water and wastewater.
- Good knowledge of provincial and territorial water and wastewater regulations and standards, and infrastructure issues in all areas including community level experience will be considered an asset.
- Excellent team building, listening, coaching, group facilitation skills, comfortable speaking to large audiences, and must have creative problem resolution skills.
- English is the working language although the ability to communicate effectively in French or any Indigenous language would also be an asset.