- Review, evaluate and provide test input during business requirements and design specifications gathering sessions.
- Identify and communicate testing issues, implement process improvement and issue resolution.
- Identify the target test items to be evaluated by the test effort.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Define the appropriate tests required and any associated test data.
- Gather and manage the test data.
- Evaluate the outcome of each test cycle.
- Identify the most appropriate implementation approach for a given test.
- Implement individual tests.
- Set up and execute the tests.
- Log outcomes and verify test execution.
- Analyze and recover from execution errors.
- Track test results, statistics, metrics and status.
- Attend necessary meetings to review testing inputs/outputs and provide status updates.
- Support project team members in the analysis of issues.
- Support project teams utilizing automated testing tools.
The proposed resource must meet or exceed one of the followings:
- University graduation in IT, Computer Science (CS) OR a related discipline and 5-yr Solution Tester (ST) experience OR 2-yr diploma in IT, CS OR a related discipline and 6-yr ST experience OR a 1-yr certificate in IT, CS OR a related discipline and 7-yr ST experience OR a currently active professional certification or accreditation and 8-yr ST experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Solution (application) Tester in a custom software application development environment (details/description of environment must be included)
- Experience writing test cases from use cases, non-functional requirements and design documents.
- Demonstrated experience preparing test data, executing tests and verifying results and logging issues.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (description of TFS functions used and associated activities must be included)