QA / QC Coordinator
SHARE THIS JOB
- Monitor the quality of work performed by site contractors and assist Construction Manager (CM) in managing the quality of work performed by the contractors.
- Oversee directly or indirectly the activities of contractors to ensure the performed work by the contractors meets the requirements set in drawings, specifications, and contract documents through inspection and test plans (ITP)
- Responsible for reviewing construction contractor's quality management plan at the start of construction to verify compliance with project and regulatory code quality requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining QA/QC records of the project and/or contracts.
- Monitor the contractor's quality control program and its associated records (e.g. inspection request packages; pressure test packages; welders, NDT Technicians, and other trades qualifications records; calibration records for tools and instruments used for inspections; progression of As-built redline drawings) throughout construction. Reports deficiencies to construction manager.
- Review, amend and approve ITPs provided by contractors.
- Review and monitor contractors’ regulatory activities, such as permits from TSSA and/or ESA or inspections by the Authorized inspectors, pertaining the project scope.
- Ensures qualified personnel witness tests and/or attend inspections as called for in the ITP before acceptance of the contractor’s work.
- Verifies through daily inspections and review of test results that proper record keeping has been implemented by the contractors as part of their contractual obligations.
- Raises construction related non-conformances in accordance with project procedure and ensures they are tracked and reported.
- Ensures construction punches and/or deficiencies are tracked, reported, and actively managed throughout construction and commissioning.
- Ensure closure of all non-conformances and deficiencies for the contracts and/or project.
- Ensures submittal packages, including construction turnover packages and As-Built redline drawings, submitted by contractors are complete and accurate. Coordinates construction turnover to Commissioning
- Prior experience working in the capacity of a construction QA/QC coordinator on industrial projects; preference is given to chemical, hydrometallurgy, petrochemical, or heavy industrial experience.
- Prior experience working with regulatory organizations (such as TSSA and ESA) in capacity of owners QA/QC coordinator.
- Proficient with computers, specifically MS Office
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Good knowledge of CSA B51, ASME BPV code, and ASME B31.3
- Knowledge of CSA C22.1 part 1 and Ontario Electrical Safety Code is an asset