Project Manager / Business Analyst
Project Manager Services and Deliverables
- Support the creation and assembly of project management deliverables for the projects assigned including but not limited to: project charter, project management plans, organizational change management plans, lessons learned, project completion report.
- Support the creation and assembly of solution delivery deliverables, including but not limited to: privacy impact assessment, security assessment, requirements gathering, design documents, release documents.
- Conduct project risk management activities.
- Resolve / escalate project issues.
- Coordinate work with external areas of IT, including but not limited to: supply chain management, FOIP group, legal and strategic communications.
- Influence and engage all levels of stakeholders from executive leadership to project team members
- Ensure that assigned tasks and projects are completed on time, on budget and satisfy the requirements agreed with the client.
- Ensure adherence to the IT PMO Methodology, use of our standard templates as well as the specific Solution Delivery processes and standards.
- Ensure compliance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that project decisions are formally documented as per IT PMO Methodology and project deliverables are stored in the official SharePoint project repository.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have the skills and flexibility to move between the PM/BA role when
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field is preferred, however, a combination of professional certifications and/or experience will be considered.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as Senior Business Analyst.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Project Manager.
- PMP/IIBA (or equivalent) certification an asset.
- Educational/Public Sector experience is an asset.
- Strategic, critical and analytical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving.
- Business/service oriented, with the ability to create and maintain productive relationships.
- Influence and engage all levels of stakeholders and support change.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including facilitation skills.
- Align performance for success and see the 'big picture' while maintaining awareness of details.
- Strong organizational change management skills
- Demonstrated delivery focus.
- Must be:
- flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment and changing situations
- a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively