Our First Nations client is seeking a Graphic Designer to join their information technology team in Ottawa.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for producing layouts for a wide range of materials, both in print and on the web including report publications, corporate materials and conference event graphics
- May be required to travel to work at events and forums
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Equivalent to completion of University or community college in specialized courses related to graphic design
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in graphic design
- Proficient in all industry standard software applications such as Adobe CC with emphasis on Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, teamwork and judgement.
- Demonstrated time management, planning & organizational skills; and
- Experience designing and working on materials with indigenous content is considered an asset
- Experience working with WordPress and/or multi-media support is considered an asset
- English is the working language however the ability to work in both official languages (English/French) is an asset
Persons of Indigenous ancestry will be given preference (s. 16 (1) CHRA).